Ask Chompers: 1/23/14

I found indecent pictures of another girl — his friend — on my boyfriend’s phone last week. When confronted, he said it was only a one-time thing and he was very sorry for doing it. I want to believe him, but I have lost all trust in him and am unsure if I want to be with someone who is willing to do something like this behind my back. What should I do?

If you plan on staying with your boyfriend, you need to tell your boyfriend how much he has hurt you and discuss your trust issues with him. You may want to discuss boundaries as far as his friendships with the opposite sex are concerned. That being said, you really need to consider ending the relationship if you do not think that these issues can be repaired. A relationship is nothing without trust, which is something to keep in mind.

How do I deal with someone’s social media post and not get frustrated over it?

You need to remember that social media is a free forum for others to express their thoughts, feelings and opinions. Just as you feel frustrated over their posts, you must keep in mind that they might feel the same about your posts. If their posts become too bothersome and you find yourself becoming frustrated regularly, you should consider blocking that person for good.

I think I contracted an STD, but I’m not sure. Please help.

Dear Syphilis in Schultz,

Get tested! The Winslow Health Center offers testing at their facilities, and also has free testing on specific days throughout the semester. See this week’s ReproCo column for more information!