Office of Student Involvement welcome letter

The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) provides opportunities to enhance the academic experience, foster leadership development, promote social interaction, and encourage community building. We are guided by the College’s commitment to develop future community leaders and enlightened citizens. Practically speaking, students can connect with OSI on many levels.

One way we connect with students is through our student organizations. OSI offers general advising, training and mentoring for all of our groups. In addition, staff members directly advise the Allegheny Student Government, Gator Activities Programming, Fraternity and Sorority Life, and the Kaldron Yearbook.

We also have the Resource Room which is available to every student on campus free of charge. The Resource Room is located inside the Office of Student Involvement (3rd floor Campus Center) and it offers a number of supplies that students can use to create banner, posters, flyers, etc.

Another primary responsibility of the office is the day to day operations of the Henderson Campus Center and the Game Room. Did you know that the Campus Center has over 3800 visitors during the week? The oversight of the Campus Center also includes reserving and scheduling all of the meeting rooms, auditorium and lobby events during the academic year. We also handle other special requests like our popcorn machine, ladder golf and corn hole just to name a few.

Programming and events is one more way we offer opportunities for students. OSI oversees the coordination of some Major Campus Events and all of the Late Night Programs. Through our late night programs, the Office of Student Involvement sponsors 52 programs a year. That means there’s an event happening every Friday and Saturday night while school is in session. So there’s always something for students to do!

One of the other main areas in which we assist students is through our Break Shuttle Service. Every break as well as the beginning and end of the school year means that a shuttle to either the Pittsburgh or Cleveland Airports will be available for students to use. Last year alone, over 660 students used the shuttle system. Students can sign up online at the OSI website to reserve a spot on one of the shuttles.

These are just a few of the ways in which the Office of Student Involvement connects with students. There are many more and we invite students to drop by OSI anytime to learn more about our office.

The office is open Monday-Friday from 8am-9pm or you can email us at [email protected].