Career Services welcome letter

Career Services within ACCEL is where three Career Counselors, six office assistants, and one incredible secretary help you plan your life!

Planning your life begins by understanding yourself. Career Services has a variety of self-assessments that help you discover your interest areas which can be applied to school and work. These guides are used to help students decide on a major/minor combination as well as potential experiences needed to complement their study on and off campus.

Finding a great internship, job, or experience can be time-intensive, and is highly valued by students and employers. It is recommended that college students have at least two internships before they graduate college. Career Services has access to national and international internship/job searching resources in our library and online. Meeting with a Career Counselor can be your first step in this search.

Standing out among a crowd of highly-qualified job applicants is a must for those highly-desirable internships and jobs. Designing appropriate resumes and cover letters is a specialty of our Career Counselors and Career Peer Advisors. Career Services helps you identify the most important skills and experiences to highlight on your resume as well as how to communicate your skills in writing.

Communicating with employers appropriately is the number-one most desired characteristic of any job applicant. Interview assistance and practice are available with Career Counselors, as well as networking opportunities with alumni, employers, and fellow students.

Career Services brings employers to campus to recruit Allegheny College students throughout the year. Workshops are frequently held to promote skills in networking and communication with potential employers.

Attending graduate school can be a confusing process – start early. The Career Services staff is prepared to review graduate school resumes and personal statements as well as guide your process for discovering the right program and knowing where to begin.

The staff in Career Services stays up-to-date with the constantly changing resume formats, employer resources, and online databases through the National Association of Colleges and Employers. The Career Counselors have built their careers around helping you Plan Your Life! The Office of Career Services is like your high school advisor, your uncle that works at that big business in the city, your personal google, your mom, and so much more!

Come into ACCEL, Reis Hall, during our Quick Question Drop-In Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 2-4pm or Call 814.332.2381 to schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor. Friend our Facebook account “Job Line” and join our database http://accel.allegheny.edu/ to view the latest postings.