Read our paper

Read our paper.
On the face of it, this seems like an obvious thing for the editor of The Campus to say. Newspapers are created for their readers, and more readers means our staff’s work has more weight and purpose.
So, read our paper.
It may seem like “our paper” is referring to “The paper of The Campus staff,” that we are pitching our product to you, the wider community. And that is not entirely incorrect. However, I would encourage you, dear reader, to consider a more broad definition of “our paper” as “the paper of the Allegheny College community.”
This is just as much your paper as the staff’s, and you have every right to the ink on these pages as we do. Reading can be so much more than just consuming what we as a staff produce; it can be active engagement in what The Campus publishes.
See stories or opinions you want to comment on? Send a Letter to the Editor. Think we should cover something? Send us a tip. Grabbed a cool photo of the sunset? Submit it for publication. Think our stories and layout can be better? Join staff and be that change you want to see.
The Campus is intended to tell the stories of our community, and your participation makes this paper that much better in representing who we are as a college.
So read our paper, Gators. Read it and be entertained, interested, and maybe a little bit more informed about the people around you.
I’ll see you on the printed page,

Sami Mirza
Editor-in-Chief,