Editorial: Open dialogue creates change

Real change in this world comes from dialogue. The Campus Newspaper is committed to working to help create and foster that dialogue across the Allegheny campus and the greater community, giving voice to the voiceless and creating an open, honest and respectful platform to share unique experiences, hardships and traumas. We are committed to a platform that is truthful, unapologetic and one which holds people accountable. Racism and all forms of intolerance, hatred and bigotry are abhorrent to any public discourse and hold no place nor purpose on our platform or in our community. Sharing stories is important, but listening to stories is of the essence. The Campus focuses on these stories, and hopes to be able to continue to share the stories of our black community on campus and to be able to work to help to create change whenever possible. This includes providing another platform for those stories to be told and listened to. Listening to others creates hope and it creates change. The Campus stands in solidarity with the black community now and always. We must all do our part to create a more just and equitable world, both on campus and everywhere in America and the world.

The above editorial represents the majority opinion of The Campus newspaper editorial board.