Men’s/Women’s Swimming/Diving Update

By Pat Jameson

Sports Editor

The swimming and diving teams hosted its final home meet of the season last Saturday.

The men’s team lost 174-90 to visiting Case Western Reserve University.

Despite the loss, the team boasted a trio of first place finishes. Garrett Devenney, ’16, won the 100-yard freestyle while Jack Bailey, ’17, took first in the 50-yard freestyle.

Bailey and Devenney took second and third in the 100-yard freestyle respectively.

Kevin Crooks, ’15, rounded out the Allegheny squad by finishing first in the 200 individual medley. Crooks took third in the 200-yard butterfly.

The 200-yard freestyle relay team, consisting of Bailey and Devenney along with Danny Litwin, ‘17 and Henry Ditzel,’17 lost by a narrow margin. Baily finished just behind a Case Western swimmer for a final time of 1:30.84 to 1:29.12.l

The women’s team dropped a heartbreaker to Case Western, losing by a narrow score of 153.5 to 154.5.

Seniors Lauren Krowitz and Emily Capone were a force for the Gators in their final meet at the Wise Center. Krowitz took first in the 100-yard breaststroke, second in the 50-yard freestyle, and was part of the 200-yard medley. Capone, the reigning NCAC Diver of the Week, won the three meter diving event.

Erica Bryson, ’15, and Miranda Shelley,’17, finished first in the 100-yard Breaststroke and 200-yard butterfly, respectively. Bryson took second place in the 1,000-yard freestyle as well.

The Gators also took second in the 200 Yard Medley Relay and 200-yard freestyle relay The 200-yard freestyle team lost by a less than a second and barely missed winning the meet for Allegheny.

Allegheny will travel to Wooster this Saturday at 1 p.m.