FCA — a place of community on campus

Allegheny’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes club has impacted many lives in the Gator community. Holding meetings every Thursday at 8:30 p.m. in the Henderson Campus Center, people gather together to enjoy a variety of activities including games, worship and prayer.

It is a way for students and faculty to share a common love. What is unique about this group is they allow anyone with an open mind to join, even if they are not an athlete or identify as a Christian.

Advisor, Gordon Truesdale, manages the scheduling of meetings for the rest of the leaders and for the weekly gatherings. Truesdale is also in charge of budgeting and oversees the group.
Jenny Hiles, ’25, Halle Book, ’25, Rebekah Rudd, ’26, and JD Robinson, ’25, put together weekly messages and represent the face of the leadership. They are in charge of bringing room 301/302 of the campus center alive.

This bunch of Christ-driven followers is an accepting, loving group of people who encourage others to come as themselves. No matter what background one has, there is a place for everybody at FCA.