Music download site features raw alternative artistry

There are so many websites on the internet that claim to deliver one-of-a-kind music and unreleased previews. They promise a somehow revolutionary look into the artist’s world. And handfuls of websites declare they provide the “first listen”. One website, however, is irrefutably one-of-a-kind.

Daytrotter, in its own words, offers “exclusive, re-worked, alternate versions of old songs and unreleased tracks by some of your favorite bands and by a lot of your next favorite bands.” One band each day, five days a week, 28 songs a week. Live, unedited, raw recordings from artists like Vampire Weekend, MGMT and Ani DiFranco.

Daytrotter is the recording studio dreamt up by web pioneer Sean Moeller in Rock Island, Illinois. It’s something purely magical, which isn’t too common in this digital age of music. Daytrotter offers a unique look into the raw, live, true talent of the artists it records. In other words, Daytrotter is truly hip. Like, Jack Kerouac hip.

One particular session that truly demonstrates the value of Daytrotter’s style is the latest Ra Ra Riot recording.Daytrotter’s intimate, no-frills setting practically makes love to Ra Ra Riot’s sophisticated but unpretentious chamber pop style.

Lead singer Wes Miles’ warm melodic timbre blends with fellow artist Rebecca Zeller’s violin, Alexandra Lawn’s cello, Milo Bonacci’s guitar and Mathieu Santos’ bass, creating a feeling of mellow, folksy warmth.

Zeller and Lawn’s prodigious string section comes to life in a graceful way that can only be described as exquisite.

Gabrielle Duquette’s drumming skills, which excel on the band’s latest Sept. 20 session, help to intensify the music even more.

The recording session affords listeners a completely new perspective that practically catapults Ra Ra Riot into your room—a perspective that is Daytrotter.

You’ll find that many artists have multiple Daytrotter sessions that offer listeners the unique opportunity to hear the artist grow and change over time.

Best of all, almost all the downloads are free. Doesn’t that just make your eardrums tingle?

Head to www.daytrotter.com today to supplement your Pandora.com stations.