The Comedy Corner

Boeing, a commuting racehorse and asteroid extremities

The Fitchburg commuter rail line struck a boat that was on the tracks on April 10, according to the Boston Globe.
There were no injuries reported and no damage to the train.
“Clearly there was some sort of scheduling conflict,” said a passenger aboard the train. “I can’t think of any other reason the ferry was using the train tracks.”

The Miami Herald reported on April 10 that Delta Air Lines is changing their boarding process.
“We’ve decided to change boarding entirely,” said a Delta representative. “We’ll be implementing a Royal Rumble style process, calling individual numbers to board the plane.”
Delta added that there will be more overbooked flights due to this, which means passengers will have to fight each other and throw people off the flight in order to reserve their own seat.

CNN reported on April 11 that Boeing has spent an additional $546,000 on personal air travel for their top executives since 2021.
“I don’t see what the big deal is,” said a Boeing executive. “We had to spend that money so we could fly in an Airbus. You think we’re flying in a Boeing? Have you seen the news?”

Erie County Executive Brenton Davis used public funds to purchase six police-like badges for himself and members of his administration, according to the Erie Times-News.
Other county executives in the state — current and former — have questioned the necessity of such badges.
“I probably shouldn’t have used public funds,” Davis said. “But come on. Who doesn’t want to show up on scene and flash a badge?”

An escaped racehorse was found at Warwick Farm station in New South Wales, Australia on April 5, according to Sky News.
“He was just minding his business,” said one of the people waiting for the train. “He even took a step back when the train arrived to let people exit before he entered the train.”

Centuries-old Roman paintings have been found in the ruins of Pompeii, according to USA Today on April 11.
“This such an amazing discovery,” said an employee of the Archaeological Park of Pompeii. “I can’t believe we found Roman paintings in an ancient Roman city.”

An earthquake shook the southern California desert near Coachella on April 13, according to ABC News.
Reaching a magnitude of 3.8, the quake shook the area near where the music festival’s first weekend took place.
No damage or injuries were reported.
“The desert was shaking like crazy,” said a dessert vendor at Coachella. “It worked out well for me. My milkshakes basically made themselves.”

AP News reported on April 15 that the world’s most popular type of coffee, known as Coffea arabica, may be more than a half million years old.
“That’s a relief,” said a barista that AP interviewed. “I thought I was just bad at brewing coffee, I’m glad to know it’s just stale.”

A 2,000-foot asteroid passed by the Earth on April 15, according to USA Today.
“It was an astonishing sight to behold,” said a Meadville resident who witnessed the event. “The asteroid had 2,000 feet but only 1,000 hands.”

Will Smith surprised attendees on April 14 at this year’s Coachella, performing his 1997 song “Men in Black” from the film of the same name, according to CNN.
Smith finished his performance by pulling out the memory-erasing neuralyzer and exiting the stage.
“Will Smith didn’t perform at Coachella,” said one of the attendees at the concert. “I think I would have remembered if he did.”

UPI reported on April 12 that a bear had attempted to break into a parked Florida state trooper patrol car.
“He could just be a trooper who lost his keys,” said a Florida ursinologist. “If Smokey Bear can be a park ranger, I don’t see why this fella can’t be a police officer.”

A dog missing in California since the summer has been found more than 2,000 miles away in suburban Detroit, according to AP News.
The Houman family — the owners of the dog — were en route to Minnesota when the call came about their dog. Upon arrival they embarked on a 10-hour drive to Michigan to reunite with Mishka.
“I have no idea how they found me,” Mishka said. “I told them I was taking a road trip from the West Coast to the East Coast. I was really hoping to make it to Atlantic City.”