Noah Richardson performs on Gator Quad

Emerging Spotify artist Noah Richardson performed on the Gator Quad on Saturday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. Organized by Conference & Event Services, Richard’s performance at Allegheny College marked one of his first performances at an academic institution.
“I was very nervous, as it was my first show here,” Richardson said.
Richardson is a 23-year-old indie-pop artist from Philadelphia. He has amassed a following of around 64,700 monthly listeners on Spotify, with popular songs such as “Tangerine,” “lowercase letters,” and “7 Minutes in Heaven.”
When asked about his inspiration for his songs, Richardson cited multiple genres, not even in just the realm of music.
“I initially found inspiration from artists like John Mayer, Pharrell, Mac Miller, and Brandi Carlile,” Richardson said. “I also find inspiration in various forms of art, including films and books. Growing up, ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ held a special place in my heart, and I often found myself aspiring to be as effortlessly cool as Ferris.”
Richardson did not always plan to be a musician, however.
“In all honesty, my initial academic pursuit was pre-med with psychology as my major, but I never advanced to medical school,” Richardson said. “I made a deliberate choice to pursue my passion instead.”
Richardson has focused on songwriting and performance for the last three years.
While he performed his most popular songs, Richardson also performed renditions of his debut album, “Dead To Me.”
“It’s essentially a snapshot of the ups and downs I’ve faced, from challenging break-ups to building new connections, and even navigating the complexities of bipolar disorder,” Richardson said.
Richardson explained what he wished for the audience to take away from his performance.
“I’m genuinely thrilled for people to listen to it,” Richardson said. “Not only as an introduction to who I am but also as an opportunity for listeners to connect with their own emotions and realize they’re not going through these struggles alone.”