$50
$500

• D

Dave PrizApr 28, 2011 at 10:22 am

Another incompetent Athletic Director making a poor decision.

• B

Brian StadnikApr 21, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Just saw this article today. As a former player the firing of Coach Clune goes against all the Allegheny stands for. Betsy Mitchell has begun to systematically dismantle the AC sports department. She continues to fire well seasoned, respected head coaches and replaces them with woefully inexperienced coaches, most of whom have never been a head coach ANYWHERE. Ms. Mitchell has not once explained to current or past players why Rob was let go. She had maintained her silence and this has prevented Rob from being able to secure a job elsewhere. Betsy has made it appear as though Rob was fired for some nefarious reason, instead of just coming out and say she doesn’t like Coach Clune. All current and former Alleghenians need to dig deeper into the decisions that Ms. Mitchell is making. She appears to be way in over her head as AD of AC. She has continued to show a lack of professionalism in the way she has handled this situation. I truly believe that AC needs to replace Ms. Mitchell. Do yourself a favor and google Betsy Mitchell/Rob Clune and read some of the articles about this situation. Many former players and current professors are extremely angry about this.

Brian Stadnik
    Class of 1987
    AC All-time Leading Scorer Basketball

• M

MBApr 20, 2010 at 9:40 am

Coach Clune should coach at Dartmouth.

• C

Chad KucharMar 15, 2010 at 12:51 am

This is bologna I want to keep Coach Clune! Or at least get Gordon Bombay to replace him!

• H

hesskMar 14, 2010 at 6:43 pm

In every article about the coach’s firing, both in The Campus and in other publications like the Meadville Tribune, all Betsy Mitchell, players and Coach Clune himself have ever alluded to is that it is a personal and private matter and they have chosen not to release the full details of his release.

• S

SarahMar 11, 2010 at 11:31 am

Thank you for writing this article. I had no idea.

• K

kendraMar 11, 2010 at 9:39 am

Nicely balanced article on a sensitive issue. Well done, Campus.

Activate Search
Basketball Coach Rob Clune fired – Players respond to decision made by the Athletic Department