North Village II featured in photo shoot

By ALEXANDRIA DeMERITT

Contributing Writer

Students pose in North Village II. KATIE McHUGH/THE CAMPUS.

Photographers returned to North Village II on Wednesday to conduct a photo shoot featuring redesigned students’ room. The photos will be used to promote the residence hall’s designing firm, WTW Architects.

Barton Schindel is the designing architect of North Village II. He said that the images from Wednesday’s photo shoot will be used as stock photos for not only WTW Architects, but also its parent company, Massaro Corporation.

North Village II residential assistants first informed their residents of the photo shoot opportunity through an e-mail, sent September 29. Photographers took preliminary pictures last Friday. Of the nine rooms that applied, a single room and two quads were selected.

“I was really excited to find out that they did to my room,” said North Village II RA Rachael Jander, ‘14, one of the students whose room was selected for the photo shoot. “When I first moved in, I thought of many different [design] concepts [for her room] and it is nice to see others.”

Sarah Knight, Area Coordinator for North Village, said that additional decorations were supplied for the shoot.

“As part of that process for taking the photos, [WTW Architects] offered to help supplement some of the student’s own decorations.”

She also said that students featured in the shoot were allowed to keep any extra decorations. Past photo shoot decorations have included area rugs and window dressings.

Julie Amsdell and Jamie Stoltz were both on the photo shoot team. They said that approximately $500 was budgeted for the decorations that they purchased from IKEA and Marshalls. They also used their own personal textbooks as additional props.

Other students felt that the photo shoot was a good idea and particularly liked that students could keep the decorations.

“The school provides us with a certain amount [of furniture],” said Ley Hunter, ’14, said. “Since we have so much space, the walls sometimes look empty.”