$50
$500

• A

Al Coppolo ‘78Feb 11, 2024 at 8:33 am

Allegheny continues to thrive on the generosity of many of its loyal alumni. Congratulations to them and particularly Pat Tippee for their outstanding leadership in this regard. President Cole has an outstanding plan for the college and it will lead to the college’s growing success, with one caveat. The college’s admission and marketing functions are broken. Through the past ten years of leadership contributions and investment, little has been done to advance Allegheny’s reputation and relationships with top performing high schools and students in Allegheny’s regional recruiting footprint. Admissions is the fuel that powers this ship. All of the investment in the world will do little if there are not hoards of high school seniors banging the doors down to get in. President Cole and the college need to invest in Admissions. It needs “world class” leadership, funding, and staffing support (all of which have been absent), in order to advance the college’s reputation, tell the story, and cultivate the relationships necessary to drive healthy student levels. Please direct a fraction of these contributions for this purpose.

Reply
  • S

Scott PhillipsFeb 10, 2024 at 10:57 am

This is excellent news for our alma mater! Thanks are due to the whole team on this.

Reply