ASG bookkeeper expected soon

The Allegheny Student Government announced the timeline for a new ASG bookkeeper and swore in two new senators at their General Assembly on Tuesday, Sept. 19, in room 301/302 of the Henderson Campus Center. The new senators — Emma Conti-Windle, ’27, and Aubrey Carion, ’27 — brought the first-year Senate representation to five total members.
After a unanimous approval of the previous GA minutes, Treasurer Hunter Goerman, ’25, laid out last week’s budget requests, which totalled $2,346.81. The requests were approved as a slate by the Senate.
Director of Communication and Press Jude Gotschall, ’26, added that Engage will be the new home for finance requests, along with the documents previously found on the ASG website.
“The finance forms are now on Engage,” Gotschall said. “If there are any ASG documents people can think of that should be on Engage, let me know.”
President Nicole Recio Bremer, ’25, added in regards to the new finance system that ASG will be reinstating a hired bookkeeper position to work behind the scenes.
“I know people need requests, and good that you’re reaching out, we’re happy to help,” Recio-Bremer said.
“But also be mindful that Hunter has other responsibilities besides ASG.”
The implementation of a bookkeeper is designed to alleviate the workload of managing finance requests. ASG’s club advisor and Dean for Student Life Trae Yeckley clarified that the position should be officially filled within one to two weeks.
“There’s a person that’s been identified that’s already here on campus,” Yeckley said. “Within the next two weeks … we will be able to have that person here. In the meantime, I’m going to be working with Hunter as the bookkeeper.”
In addition to the bookkeeper position, ASG is also looking to find a student to fill the position of co-Director of Student Affairs. The title is usually occupied by two ASG members, Recio-Bremer explained, but currently London Dejarnette, ’24, serves as sole director.
“We’re officially opening that position for the cabinet,” Recio-Bremer said. “So we’re looking for someone that obviously wants to sit on cabinet and work with Student Affairs.”
The session also included discussion of the Food Recovery Network’s partnership with ASG and the unveiling of their collaborative Food Resource Center. The unveiling will take place on Friday, Sept. 22. Co-Director of Student Affairs London Dejarnette, ’24, explained their position within FRN as well as what the expanded pantry will look like in the coming weeks.
“Along with having a more expanded dry goods pantry, we will also have a community fridge which would be filled in with food that we recover from dining halls,” Dejarnette said. “Essentially food that isn’t being utilized by Aramark, we repackage and distribute to students for free.”
The implementation of the fridge and expanded pantry comes after discussions last semester regarding food insecurity on campus, where students criticized the college for dining hall prices and a lack of resources. Meal plans were overhauled at the beginning of this semester to combat the issue, though there are not yet any concrete numbers on the effectiveness of the move.
While this week’s session did not include a guest speaker, Dean for Student Experience Ian Binnington will be present for the General Assembly on Tuesday, Oct. 3, to report on the future of the Caflisch Hall site.
The session closed at 8:11 p.m. ASG will reconvene on Tuesday, Sept. 26, at 7:30 p.m. in room CC 301/302.