Women’s soccer — a photo collection of 2023

The Allegheny Gators Women’s soccer team has had its ups and downs throughout the young 2023 season, as they currently sit with a 1-4 record.While the roster has a handful of seniors, it is a young group that consists of 11 underclassmen including seven first-year athletes.Offensively, the club is led by Emma Miller, ’25, who has scored two of the the five Gator goals this year. The tandem of Miller and Julieta Schworm, ’24, at the forward positions is strong, and the rest of the team will rely on them to find the back of the net consistently.

Katherine Surdykowski, ’27, can also pose a strong threat in the midfield, as the rookie brings a lot of potential to the table after being a three-sport athlete in high school while winning multiple sports awards.

Defensively, it is Kari May, ’24, to guard the net for her fourth and final season. May was an All-PAC Honorable Mention a season ago, and started seeing time on the field during her sophomore campaign.

At the helm is Lacey Phillips, leading the Gators for her second season after taking over operations in April of 2021. Phillips and company will look to turn things around and give Allegheny a chance for a playoff run. The Gators’ next home game is Wednesday, Sept. 20, where they will host Bethany.