A sustainable future: Global Climate Strike in photos

Allegheny College Participates in Strike

Students participating in the Climate Strike gather around a table outside of the Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
Rhiannon King, ’20, Mary Allen, ’22, and Marisol Santa Cruz, ’20, make hand prints on a banner during the Climate Strike on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, outside the Henderson Campus Center.
Students holding signs outside of the Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, during the Climate Strike.
Students at a table informing students about The Green New Deal on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, during the Climate Strike outside the Henderson Campus Center.
Bike that can charge your phone on display at the Climate Strike on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 outside of the Henderson Campus Center.
Allegheny College students writing how they are going to help with climate change at the Climate Strike outside Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
95-year-old Meadville community member joins the Climate Strike outside Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
Allegheny students helping other students register to vote at the Climate Strike outside of the Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
Students place their handprints on a banner to show support of the Climate Strike outside of the Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
Students hold up signd for the Climate Strike outside of the Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
Emily Hayhurst, ’20, and Sarah Young, ’20, hold up their sign during the Climate Strike outside of the Henderson Campus Center on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.

On Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, Allegheny students, staff and community members came together to voice their concerns about climate change. At the event students were informing others about the Green New Deal, how to contact representatives and registering students to vote. Throughout the day, they had events including The Planet Dance, Capitalism vs. climate, sign-making and bike share.