Conversations with Men’s Soccer: Men’s Soccer athletes discuss new season, new goals

Harkins%2C+Snyder+and+Pastorius+

Harkins, Snyder and Pastorius

The Allegheny Men’s Soccer team graduated seven seniors in the spring of 2019.

Now, returning members of the team are tasked with creating a new identity for the program as they embark on the 2019 season. With the season just underway, The Campus sat down with three members of the Allegheny Men’s Soccer team to talk about their goals for the 2019 season.

Owen Harkins, ’21:

How long have you been a part of the Allegheny Men’s Soccer team?

This is my third season on the men’s soccer team. I played soccer, and I also played hockey and lacrosse in high school.

How has your experience been with the Men’s Soccer team at Allegheny?

My overall experience with the soccer team has been an emotional rollercoaster that has had many highs, as well as many lows. I have enjoyed every moment of being on the field with the boys and look forward to creating lifelong memories and friendships.

What are your ambitions for the team this season and moving forward?

My mission for the team this year is to be a competitive (team) that not only competes in every game but also competes for conference championships and sets a level of excellence to be upheld exceeded.

For the 2019 season, what are you most looking forward to?

I’m definitely looking forward to the competition. Being a junior now, I am used to the speed of the play and the level of players we stack up against, so I’m looking forward to imposing our will on the teams we compete against.

Kristian Snyder, ’21:

This is my third season on the men’s soccer team. I played soccer and tennis throughout my high school career, but decided to direct my focus solely on soccer.

How has your experience been with the men’s soccer team at Allegheny?

My experience as a member of the soccer team has been really positive. I’ve made many friendships that will last a lifetime and memories I’ll never forget. I can’t imagine not playing soccer here.

The goal for this season is to leave everything we have out on the field and live with the results. We want to compete for a spot in the (North Coast Athletic Conference) Tournament, and in order to achieve that, we have to stick together and work as a team throughout.

I’m definitely looking forward to competing in a very strong NCAC conference, and seeing what we can do against some of the best Division III schools in the country.

Joseph Pastorius, ’22:

This is my second season as a member of the Allegheny Men’s Soccer team.

I have felt truly grateful to be a part of the Allegheny Men’s Soccer team. It is a fantastic group of athletes, students, and people. Despite the challenges, being a student athlete at Allegheny is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

The goal for this season is defnitely to compete and battle in every game. In our conference, there is not an easy opponent, and our non-conference schedule is difficult as well, but we are up for the challenge.

I am looking forward to spending time with my teammates and getting to know our new players as the season goes on. I’m also looking forward to competing day in and day out on the field, in practice and in games.