Language students honored

Phi Sigma Iota inducts new members

New+members+of+the+Phi+Sigma+Iota+foreign+language+honor+society+pose+with+a+banner+after+being+inducted+on+Tuesday%2C+April+10%2C+2018+in+the+Tippie+Alumni+Center.+
New members of the Phi Sigma Iota foreign language honor society pose with a banner after being inducted on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 in the Tippie Alumni Center.

Ellis Giacomelli

Ellis Giacomelli

Ellis Giacomelli
John Walton-Cale, ’75, spoke about his experiences traveling and painting at the annual Phi Sigma Iota induction ceremony on Tuesday, April 10, 2018. Walton-Cale displayed photographs and images of his own paintings of locations in France, Colombia and Peru. The former Gator has donated a painting to Ruter Hall of the courtyard of the Fernando Botero Museum in Bogota, Colombia.

Ellis Giacomelli

Ellis Giacomelli
Jordan Shimmin, ‘18, signs a Phi Sigma Iota banner as others wait to add their names. The banner will hang in the Henderson Campus Center.

Ellis Giacomelli
Jocelyn Steffan, ‘19, accepts a certificate and pin from Phi Sigma Iota President Josh Patton, ‘18, and Vice President Elsie Campbell Hendricks, ‘18, as Assistant Professor of German Julia Ludewig announces her name.