First Student Experimental Theater 24-Hour Theater Fest

Quinn+Kobelak%2C+%E2%80%9816%2C+and+Mary+Lyon%2C+%E2%80%9817%2C+were+in+the+first+group+to+perform+on+Saturday.+Participation+in+the+festival+was+open+to+everyone%2C+no+experience+necessary.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Quinn Kobelak, ‘16, and Mary Lyon, ‘17, were in the first group to perform on Saturday. Participation in the festival was open to everyone, no experience necessary.

Amasa Smith

Amasa Smith

Amasa Smith

Amasa Smith, Photo Editor

The 24-Hour Theater Fest was hosted by Student Experimental Theater. The event had seven teams with four members per team. Beginning on Friday, Sept. 19 at 7:30 p.m., the teams were given a prop and a costume piece they were required to incorporate into their performances. In addition, each team had to include the line, “The moon is a little too bright tonight,” in the scripts.

Participants had 24 hours to write and produce their original short plays. The event culminated in the performance of the plays on Saturday, Sept. 20 at 7 p.m. in the Arter Little Theater.

This was SET’s first event of the year and they currently have plans to hold another 24-Hour Theater Fest this upcoming spring.