$50
$500

• P

Peter RushworthMay 4, 2016 at 7:36 pm

I’ve never kept up with what goes on at my old fraternity. I graduated in 1961, had a successful career and am now retired. I’ve donated to the school from time to time but not to the fraternity.

During my time there the chapter was well and responsibly run. I was house manager one year and in charge of pledges my last year. We had a tightly run organization and every brother played a part in seeing that we upheld the principles of this great fraternity, one of the very oldest in the country, and of the rules of the college..

In the last few years it seems that the chapter has been suspended twice, once in the 90’s or so and again now. I’m appalled and saddened. I hope that the future see a renewal there and that our new young people can realize the great benefits and learning experiences of belonging to such an old and honorable society of brothers. Parents take note!! Your child’s failure is to a large part your failure. You add the “of” adjectives.

• N

No-Fun JoeJul 25, 2013 at 11:20 am

It’s sad that students are resorting to drugs. What’s worse is that fraternities and off-campus houses used to be content with just throwing parties and getting drunk. Three years ago, you could walk down Loomis and Prospect and have a choice of 5 or 6 parties. Theta Chi and Sigs used to throw parties every weekend and even the Phi Delts and Phi Psi’s threw down. Now Greek life partying is privatized and almost doesn’t exist.

Maybe it’s absence is due to fraternities being on on double secret probation. This leaves the frats that aren’t in trouble too afraid to do anything because they may get kicked off. So what’s our alternative? I know, we should be spending our weekend nights doing “fun”, safe activities in the CC… -_-

Now it seems these frat-boys are turning to alternative means of fun… I hope this pattern doesn’t continue and that students can find a way to have fun without illegal narcotics. Because they sure aren’t having it on campus Friday and Saturday nights.

#StudentRights, #Letthemdrink

• D

Damien From Mean GirlsJul 22, 2013 at 9:55 pm

She doesnt even go here….

• M

Michael YarnellJul 22, 2013 at 9:39 pm

You can take Michael Yarnell’s statement out of this article immediately. You have no authorization to use it or proof of it.

• C

Charlotte VolpeJul 22, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Unless he either never wrote that e-mail that was quoted in the previous article on this subject, or he explicitly said “off the record”, then you have no grounds for this libel accusation.

Activate Search
Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s chapter status suspended, house now off-limits